Cast members of Faulty Towers the Dining Experience have been collecting for BBC Children in Need since 2009 – receiving nearly £60,000 from the show’s UK audiences. This year’s target to beat was last year’s record, just shy of £14,000 – well, that’s been well and truly smashed and we still have one month left to go!
Thanks to the generosity of audiences, £14,491 is already sitting safely in the hands of those who need it. When we stop collecting this year, on 12 November, it’s safe to say that we’ll have more good news to spread.
‘In our first year of collecting, 2009, our then Basil, Sybil and Manuel raffled a gnome at Edinburgh Fringe. Now we collect at our major venues from the Fringe onwards, so that’s from August right up until the week before appeals night,’ explains the show’s artistic director, Alison Pollard-Mansergh*. ‘It’s a great charity to be involved with, and audiences are incredibly generous. Hats off to them, and to all the actors who get involved too.’
A huge shout out to the audiences and venues on our 2017 fundraising tour:
– Edinburgh Fringe at Principal Edinburgh George Street, 4 August-28 August
– Wales Millennium Centre, 14 September-21 September
– Blackpool Pleasure Beach, 22 September
– Crowne Plaza Reading, 22 September and 13 October
– Theatre Royal Plymouth, 28 September
– Aspers Casino Northampton, 30 September
– Petwood Hotel, Woodhall Spa, 20-22 October
– Edinburgh Marriott Hotel, 21 October
– Kingsway Hall Hotel, London Covent Garden, 4 August-12 November
* Ali was also playing Sybil that year!
See pics and films, and learn about our collecting story so far on our website’s Children in Need page.