Edinburgh Fringe is less than two weeks away and we’re here to help you get the most out of your experience!
- Always get your hands on an Edinburgh Festival Fringe Programme and ensure that you don’t miss a thing! Find it here
- If you have a smart phone then download the iOS app Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2016 so you have everything you need on the go! Find your nearest ticket collection point, find your way to venues, book tickets on the go and access daily listings for what’s on! There is also an app for Android users which you can get here!
- Have your raincoats and umbrellas on standby! Scotland isn’t famous for its wonderful weather – so make sure you pack for all seasons! You might not be able to count on the weather but you can definitely count on the warm welcome… and copious amounts of whisky and Iron Bru! Things to pack: an umbrella, suncream, sunglasses, raincoat and even wellies!
- Flyers are a big part of the Fringe, so make sure you bring a satchel or a bag to carry them in! Be sure to look out for Faulty’s Basil, Sybil and Manuel, and for the bride & groom with mum & dad, handing these out:
- Edinburgh is famous for its history and beautiful scenery. Take a walk through Edinburgh Old Town or visit the beautiful Edinburgh Castle… Remember your camera!
- Follow the Fringe social media pages for quick updates! The Fringe is active on Google+, Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr. Make sure to hashtag #edfringe to share your experiences and to discover something new.
- Get map-savvy! The Fringe app contains maps of venues for different events so it’s always a big help! It helps to plan beforehand also, especially if you’re rushing between venues! Download the interactive map here.
- Take the opportunity to see something new this year! Be sure not to miss the travelling circus or the Fanti Acrobats International Group performing Traditional African dance!
And of course, don’t forget to pick up your tickets early for the legendary Faulty Towers The Dining Experience, serving at B’est Restaurant 4-29 August, as well as our 5* immersive comedy The Wedding Reception, playing at The George Hotel 4-28 August!
Buy your tickets here…
… for The Wedding Reception
***** ‘Remarkably funny’ Broadway Baby
… and for Faulty Towers The Dining Experience
***** ‘An absolute hoot… a must-see event’ British Theatre Guide
By Becky Basten, Marketing and PR Assistant.